Planning internship at SpaceKreators, Surat, Gujarat

Hiral.Ag

I am Ar. Hiral Agrawal from NIT, Surat, Gujarat. I have completed my M.Tech Urban Planning in August, 2021.

1. Application procedure

I have applied for this internship thru Email during my semester break in summer 2020.

1. It was quick to respond on calls as well as emails.
  2. Not much wait for the correspondence so 1 month prior is okay.
  3. I have submitted cover letter provided by institute to complete the application.
2. Information about internship

1. Your College/ Institution: NIT, Surat
  2. Year of Internship: 2020
  3. Department: Urban planning
  4. Work Location: Work From Home
  5. Internship Duration: 75 days
  6. Working days: 5 days a week
  7. Was it a paid internship?: No
  8. Perks apart from completion certificate: No
  9. Your Project:
The major project handled during virtual internship is “Pedestrianisation of Market Places in Surat”. Under this project the advisory published of GOI in 2020 amidst pandemic is studied and based on that the identification of Market Street in Surat is done. As a part of first stage document preparation, the draft report is prepared in the end of 75 days of internship. The procedure is self learning with constant supervision of expert. The policies studied under this are:

• Advisory from ministry of urban development, GOI
  • Street vendors act
  • Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana (National Urban Livelihoods Mission)
  • National-Policy-on-Urban-Street-Vendors-2004
  • Smart city mission, GOI
Other than this, the basic work of data analysis of cycle4change project under smart city mission form Google survey is done. The Google form generation is also done as per the instructions given by supervisor.

1. Your overall experience? : This internship has given me insight of basic data preparation for any planning/designing project.
  2. Did it meet your expectations and to what extent? : I have learned a lot, so yes.
  3. Do you recommend doing an internship at this place? : Though I have not gathers exposure or contacts as it was virtually done, I will still recommend my juniors to practise here.
  4. Were you able to grow your professional network? : Not much
  5. Is there any option for "internship to job" after getting the degree? : Not Aware
  6. Any other information you would like to include/ mention : No