Internship at WaterAid, India

Nancy Grover

Staff member
1. How to apply?
Some information on the process and procedure to apply.
  1. How to apply for the internship?
    I got the internship in WaterAid, India with the help of someone who is my senior and was my mentor during the internship at CURE, Delhi.

2. Were you required to take multiple follow-ups or the concerned department/ person was quick to respond?
    They were pretty quick and responsible in responding. I didn't had to do multiple follow-up e-mails or phone calls, just a few were required.

3. When should a person start applying, especially if there is a long procedure in place or any filtering criteria/ stages?
    Start applying 2-3 months before for a summer internship starting in May/June, along with an updated CV.

4. Do you need any intervention in the form of approval/ request letter etc. from your institution before applying to this place?
    Not

5. Any other information you would like to add.
    If you are looking for really good working environment, opportunity to interact with professionals in the field of water and good exposure to various conferences/ conclaves then WaterAid, India is the organization for you.
2. Information about internship
  1. Your College/ Institution
    School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi

2. Year of Internship
    B Plan 3rd Year

3. Department/ Division/ Zone
    Policy Team

4. Work Location/ Office Location
    New Delhi

5. Internship Duration
    6 weeks

6. Working hours/ days
    10 am to 5 pm

7. Was it a paid internship?
    No

8. Perks/ benefits apart from completion certificate
    Networking

9. Your Project/ Work/ Role:
    Desk based research and documentation on "Water sensitive practices for urban areas in low and middle income countries."

10. Your overall experience?
    Perfect learning atmosphere

11. Did it meet your expectations and to what extent?
    Yes, got to interact with professionals who were not directly involved in the field of planning. I also got a chance to attend various conclaves.

12. Do you recommend doing an internship at this place?
    Yes

13. Were you able to grow your professional network?
    Yes

14. Is there any option for an "internship to the job" after getting the degree?
    No